From: YUFA in solidarity with CUPE 3903 [YUFA-CUPE@YorkU.CA] on behalf

of Walter Giesbrecht [walterg@YorkU.CA]

Sent: October 31, 2000 11:25 AM


Subject: Re: crazed driver (fwd)


Forwarded from the YUFORUM list:


---------- Forwarded message ----------

Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 11:17:38 -0500

From: Joel Shore <shore@YorkU.CA>


Subject: Re: [YUFORUM] crazed driver


One of my graduate students was hit by a car coming

in the wrong way at main gate.  The car had stopped. My student

was in front of the car, and the driver proceeded to

drive right through him and the picket captain.


He has torn cartilage in his knee

as a result of the incident.


The police told him there is nothing he can do because

technically he (my student) was assaulting the car

by stopping it.  I can't believe that someone can

deliberately run you over with a car.


Any one know of a good lawyer that a graduate student

can afford, and a good knee surgeon?







*Dr. Joel S. Shore                                  *

*Dept. Biology, York University                     *

*4700 Keele Str. North York, Ontario, Canada M3J 1P3*

*Tel: (416) 736-2100 ext. 33492, Fax: (416) 736-5989*

*email:                              *                          *