Additional Credits Petition (90-credit degree)
1. Legislation permits students to take a maximum of 12 credits beyond 90 earned in an attempt to earn the minimum standing required for a 90-credit degree. The majority of 90-credit BA degrees require a minimum overall grade point average of 4.00. Some professional studies majors – BAS, BHRM, BPA and BDEM – will require a minimum overall grade point average of 5.00 and a minimum major grade point average of 5.00. If you have completed the additional 12 credits and have not earned the required average(s), then you may petition to take additional credits.
2. A Statement of Grounds – your personal letter – must clearly identify the intended program and major, and include a detailed, date-specific account of the extenuating circumstances which contributed to your not achieving the required standing, and the steps you will take to earn the required standing over your remaining credits.
3. You must include a list of the courses you need or wish to take to fulfill all remaining degree and program requirements.
4. You must indicate the grades and average(s) you will need over those remaining courses to achieve the required overall GPA, and where applicable, the required major GPA.
5. Documentation – evidence – to support your statement of grounds is essential. You will be required to provide original documentation to support the grounds of your petition. The University requires the completion of a York Attending Physician's Statement (APS) form to document medical grounds.