Procedure for Submitting Assignments On-line
There is an ONLINE procedure for students to submit assignments via eServices Office (eSO). Students will now be submitting assignments at the Assignment Upload website. Please refer to the steps below.
Exception to this procedure: If your course instructor has noted a different procedure for submitting assignments at the course website, then please disregard the instructions below.
How do I submit assignments?
|Step 1:||Go to the Assignment Upload Page
The recommended browser for PC users to access this site is Internet Explorer 6.0 or above.
For Macintosh users, please note that there have been consistently successful uploads using the MAC OS X 10 version with Safari browser.
Mozilla Firefox and Netscape browsers are not currently supported for either Macintosh or PC Users.
Login to the system with your Passport York account username and student number.
Your user ID is the first part of your York student e-mail account:
|Step 3:||Choose your course from the list of your enrolled distance courses.|
Upload your assignment and fill out the required Course Assignment Cover Form.
Students can upload by simply attaching their assignment files to the "Attachment Assignment File" field from the detailed instructions on the website. If you wish to resubmit before the assignment deadline we will print your most RECENT submission.
|Step 5:||Submit and keep a print out copy of your confirmation of submission.|
Some final suggestions:
- On every page of your assignment you should note your name, student # and page #.
- Your assignment should be submitted by the due date otherwise it will be marked late.
- Always keep a back up copy of your assignment file.
Experiencing difficulties when submitting your assignment online?
If you are experiencing any technical difficulties on your end, please read "problems with uploading" noted below. If you cannot resolve your problem please call eSO at 416-736-5831 immediately. If you experience difficulties outside of regular business hours then you may e-mail your assignment to email@example.com or fax it to 416- 736-5637 and include a note as to why you could not submit your assignment via the online website. Please make sure you submit your assignment ON TIME, otherwise you will have marks deducted for lateness.
PROBLEMS WITH UPLOADING
- The recommended browser is Internet Explorer 6.0 or above.
- The system has been noted to support Macintosh Computers only in conjunction with Safari browser.
- Students cannot use either Netscape or Mozilla Firefox browsers.
- There should be no spaces in the filename of the assignment. To rename file, open assignment in program used to create assignment e.g. Microsoft Word and then click on 'Save As' – put in a new name without spaces. You cannot rename/remove space when attaching the file in the upload website.
- User ID – Only the first part of York U e-mail.
- Do not attach path when attaching file.
- Larger files will take longer to attach.
- Attachments should be in word or excel.
- Students cannot submit a Zip File – should re-submit with multiple attachments.
- You might experience problems if you have any Pop Up – Blockers. Remove them.
What happens after you submit your assignment?
For assignments that are marked online, students can log into Assignment Upload to review their grade and instructor comments.
For Assignments that are not marked online, eSO will produce hard copies of the online submissions and pass them on to the instructors to be marked. All assignments are date stamped and a login record is kept. We also log the date that we return assignments. All assignments will be returned to your student York U e-mail addresses via a PDF file. You may view Adobe PDF files on your desktop or on the Web by downloading the software at: www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.