Skip to main content

Returning to My Studies

If you have been away from York for at least one year, have not attended another post-secondary institution and wish to return to your studies you must submit a completed request form "Return to York (reactivate my file)" to the Registrar's Office prior to the deadline.

Reactivation is not applicable if you have attended another post-secondary institution prior to returning to York. If this is the case, you must re-apply through the Office of Admissions.

York programs change from time to time. Programs that have closed will not be available to you as a returning student. In such cases you may select an alternative program of study until you have the opportunity to discuss your options with an advisor.

If you were a former Faculty of Arts or Atkinson the Faculty of Liberal and Professional Studies student and have been away for less than two years, you have the option to return to the program of study you were previously in (if eligible under grand-parented rules) or you may request a program in the Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies (LA&PS).

Should you choose to change your program upon return you will be required to follow new program requirements in place at the point of re-entry. The Registrar's Office will acknowledge by mail the reactivation of your file.

Once you have received confirmation of reactivation from the Registrar's Office, you will be notified when you may enrol in courses.

We recommend you seek advising through Student Academic Advising Service (103 Central Square) to review your academic plan prior to the start of the academic session.

  • Programs Menu


PDF -- Faculty Information Book -- Everything You Want to Know about LA&PS