What Can Geography at York Offer You?
We address some of the most pressing concerns facing humankind today like climate change, resource depletion, human migration, globalization, geopolitics, poverty, inequality and vulnerability – their causes, consequences, and implications on urban and regional development.
We are committed to handson learning, using technologies and field work to collect the facts on the ground, whether they are on the streets of Toronto or in the streams of the Arctic.
We provide access to specialized resources including:
- a world-class Map Library,
- a Geographic Resource Centre,
- a Geographic Information Systems & Remote Sensing laboratory,
- a dedicated river analysis flume laboratory, and
- one of the most comprehensive analytical nutrient laboratories in Geography anywhere.
You can choose your courses to focus on one or more of the following themes:
- The City
- Globalization, Environment and Development
- Production and the Politics of Difference
- State,Empire and Power
- Extreme Environments
- Biophysical Processes
You can work towards:
- A Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree;
- A Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree; or
- An International Bachelor of Arts (iBA) degree
You can also pair your degree with a certificate in:
- Geographic Information Systems and Remote Sensing;
- Urban Studies; or
- Refugee and Migration Studies