We've got courses that cover every interest
Courses in the Canadian Studies program focus on three key areas:
Canada: Time and Place - explores interdisciplinary and international issues such as Canadian Aboriginal history and the immigrant experience.
Canada: Society - examines various aspects of Canadian society through courses in history, Indigenous Thought, political science, sociology and social science.
Canada: Culture - concentrates on the areas of English, Indigeneity, creative arts, cultural expression and the humanities.
Sample courses include:
- Childhood in Canadian Culture
- The Religions of Canadians
- Indigenous Knowledge and the Environment
- Cultures and Colonialism: Canada, 1600-1900
- Human Rights and Civil Liberties in Canada
- Canadian Democracy in a North American Context
- Canadian Writers Take on the World
To search for additional courses, visit the LA&PS courses Web page and select "Canadian Studies" from the drop-down menu.