Using the MLC
- Mission of the MLC
- Dedicated to serving students and faculty in two departments: French Studies and Languages, Literatures and Linguistics;
- Dedicated to supporting:
- the study of languages, cultures, linguistics and literatures,
- program and materials development, and
- faculty research projects.
- Facilities and Hours of the MLC
- 1 Open Access lab (for use by individuals)
- 2 Teaching Labs (for use by classes)
- Hours : Mondays to Thursdays: 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Fridays: 8:30 a.m.4:00 p.m.
N.B. 30 minutes before closing time students are asked to complete work and log off.
- NO FOOD OR DRINK
- NO CELLPHONE CONVERSATONS
- NO RECREATIONAL USE OF COMPUTERS
- A Word On Printing in the MLC
In the Open Access Lab, a printer station allows you to print by using your YU Card. (10 cents per page)
- A Word about the US international keyboard
- Special features of WORD 2010 are found under Guidesheets.
- Word processing in the MLC
- The MLC offers WORD 2010 with proofing tools for many of the languages taught at York University
- For guidance on setting the desired language and proofing tools, and on the production of accents using the US international keyboard, please consult the guidesheet for using WORD 2010 (available in hard copy from your professor) OR under Guidesheets on the MLC home page
- Save documents onto a USB key or to the "MLC X" drive which will save the documents on the York servers in a space reserved exclusively for you, if you do not save on "MLC X" drive, you will lose the file that you worked on.
- When Leaving MLC remember to log off.