Research Opportunities - External Databases
- Canada Foundations and Grants at Fundsnet Services
- Community of Science (COS)
This online searchable database includes over 24,000 research funding opportunities in all disciplines. Click here for more information. Monthly Opportunities
- Canadian Directory to Foundations and Corporations
Directory created by Imagine Canada, a national registered charity.
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) is the Government of Canada's agency responsible for funding health research in Canada
MERX is Canada's official, public-sector electronic tendering service. It lists contract opportunities from the federal, provincial governments as well as municipal, academic, school and hospital sectors from across Canada.
Faculty members are also encouraged to contact their assigned Research Officer to discuss research projects or funding opportunities.
- Ministry of Research and Innovation Funding Opportunities
including Ontario Research Fund and Early Researcher Awards More Information
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
Listing of grant and award opportunities.
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
NSERC (the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada) is the national instrument for making strategic investments in Canada's capability in science and technology. NSERC supports both basic university research through discovery grants and project research through partnerships among universities, governments and the private sector, as well as the advanced training of highly qualified people.