Links & Resources
You may find the following links and resources helpful as an HR student and professional.
Deferred Exam Request
- Deferred Exam Request
Dear Students of HRM courses,
Please note that a new system has been implemented to facilitate the processing of Deferred Standing Agreement Forms. In order to request a deferral of your final exam the following steps are required:
1) Download the DSA form from the Registrar's Office web site: www.registrar.yorku.ca/exams/deferred/, complete it with all of your data and attach the documentation to support your request, keep these paper forms and documents with you;
2) Access the School of Human Resource Management DSA system and login using your Passport York ID and password and complete the online form;
3) Once you have completed the online form, a ticket number will be issued, please copy that number in the top right corner of the paper version of the DSA form that you have already completed in step 1;
4) Bring the paper DSA form with supporting documentation to the main office of the School of HRM, room 123 Atkinson within one week from the date of your final examination
5) Check the status of your request in the School of HRM DSA system, once approved make sure to take proper note of the location, date and time of the exam;
6) 48 hours before the scheduled exam check the School of HRM DSA system to confirm the location, time and date of your deferred exam. We also encourage you to check the DSA system again on the day of your exam for any last minute changes.
7) If the 7 day submission deadline has already passed, contact the Office of the Faculty Council at www.yorku.ca/laps/council/students/petitions.html to petition for deferred standing.
Drop-off Location for appeals, or the documentation required to support your on-line petition:
Office of the Associate Dean, Students
105 Central Square
Phone: (416) 650-8193
Status of Deferred Exam Requests
Please click the login button below to access the secured site. You will need to use your Passport York account for login.
Professional and Research Organizations
- Canadian Council of Human Resources Associations
- Human Resources Professionals Association (HRPA)
- International Alliance for Human Resources Research (IAHRR)
- World Federation of Personnel Management Associations
- Society for Human Resource Management
- Human Resources Division of the Academy of Management
Student Links and Resources
- YU Learn Commons (portal for resources on research, writing and critical skills development)
- my.yorku.ca (student portal)
- New College
- Strategic Human Resources Professionals
- HR Opportunities Advisor ( firstname.lastname@example.org)
- HRM Alumni Association (Facebook group)