The Program Coordinator is in charge of offering advice regarding academic matters in the program. However, given the large number of students the Coordinator can no longer provide general information that is available on this website.
An advising appointment is important for a number of reasons:
- Faculty members can offer students assistance in selecting courses that will satisfy the Program Requirements. We can offer advice and information on the range of course offerings, requirements and faculty members in the Program.
- Students are often unsure about what Program options are available to them. Can you do a double major or major minor? With what Programs? Can you take a course out of Faculty? An advising appointment can clarify the programming options available to an IDS major or minor.
- University and Program regulations are often changing, and some students find it difficult to track these changes. Through an advising appointment we can help you make academic decisions that reflect current regulations.
- Our Program has a commitment to minimize the confusion and red-tape facing York students. Whenever possible, we will solve your administrative problems at the time of your appointment, rather than sending you away to another office.
- The advising appointment is an important window for us to understand how Program courses are working for students. We will solicit and welcome your feedback on how your courses are going, which ones you like or do not like. Such feedback has been and will continue to be crucial in guiding us to improve the IDS Program.
Note: Prior to seeking an advising appointment students must follow the instructions outlined on the IDS website.