Tenure and Promotions Procedures
The York Senate and the faculty union, YUFA, ratified new changes to the T and P process at York University in 2002/03. The following documents should be consulted:
- New Tenure and Promotion Procedures
- Tenure and Promotions Tool Kit
- Department of Social Science - Revised Guidelines (2010)
- Department of Social Science - Sample Letters to Referees for T&P Application
- YUFA Tenure and Promotion Documents
The Chair's office has copies of all relevant documents (from Senate, The Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies and the Department--for example, our template files, etc.) available to pre-candidacy and candidacy faculty. Please consult the Chair's Assistant in S756.
YUFA members can now access a PDF presentation on York 's new T&P procedures. Graciously provided by the University Secretariat, these files were originally prepared for T&P information sessions this Fall. These files provide a detailed perspective on the new T&P procedures for Faculties that are departmentalized (Arts, Atkinson, Fine Arts, Glendon, Science and Engineering) and non-departmentalized (Education, Environmental Studies, Schulich).