Student Ambassador Program
The LA&PS Student Ambassador Program provides you an opportunity to enhance your personal and professional skills while being a part of exciting events and Faculty initiatives. As an Ambassador, you will be representing the Faculty at activities and events.
Is the LA&PS Student Ambassador Program for me?
There are many clubs and organizations at LA&PS for students to join but perhaps you are looking for a different experience and want to be involved with the Faculty as a whole. If that's what you're looking for, then the LA&PS Ambassador Program is perfect for you!
Trained to Win
Don't worry about being new to the Ambassador Program. The Centre for Student Success staff will provide all ambassadors with a helpful training session and handbook to make sure you get off on the right foot.
Duties of an Ambassador
By committing an average of two to four hours of your time per month (September to April), you will have the opportunity to participate in any of the following:
- Represent LA&PS at on/off campus events (interacting with potential new students, open houses, information nights, current student events and more)
- Tour Leader
- Workshop Assistant
- Other opportunities will be announced throughout the year
Don't worry about sticking to a set schedule; only sign up for the events and shifts that work for you.
What does it take to be an Ambassador?
We are looking for enthusiastic students with a minimum of a B average and 24 or more credits. Good public speaking skills, being dedicated and reliable are also important. Students must also complete Ambassador Program requirements. To learn more aobut these requirements, please
If you're a team player with a positive attitude then join the Ambassador Program!
Benefits of being an Ambassador
- Tons of new friends will make York seem like smaller community.
- Boost your personal and professional skills. Our Ambassador Program looks great on any resume.
- Get involved in exciting events on and off campus.
- Take the opportunity to network with professionals from a variety of fields. It's not what you know, it's who you know.
- Receive training on representing and promoting the Faculty of LA&PS and York University.
- Receive a participation letter at an end-of-year celebration to recognize all your volunteer hours (tip: it's great to include this with your resume when applying to jobs).
- Top volunteers with the most hours will receive a special year-end gift.
- Gain SOARING points for even more recognition and prize opportunities.
Hear what past Ambassadors have to say
- I learned about opportunities that I was unaware of and met many new people.
- It is a really good opportunity to see a different side of York, and a great chance to meet some new people and talk to new students during an exciting time for them.
- Helping prospective students and their families is my pride and joy.
- The Application Deadline is: Sunday, March 18, 2012.
For more information about becoming an Ambassador member, please contact us at email@example.com.