Why be a Peer Mentor?
- A mentor is someone that shares their experiences and bonds with another person and helps make a difference in their lives at York.
- As a peer mentor, you will be paired with another student from the LA&PS community to whom you can offer friendship and a helping hand. To be paired with a first year student would mean making their transition to York much easier.
- You will have the opportunity to enhance your leadership and communication skills.
- It is a great volunteer experience, not only to partake in, but to add to your resume as well.
- Peer mentoring is an overall interesting and meaningful experience that will leave you with a sense of accomplishment
- Receive a Certificate of Participation at the end of the year from the Associate Dean of Students.
What does it take to be a Peer Mentor
- Students must complete Peer Mentorship Program requirements.
- To learn more about these requirements and to apply to be a mentor, please