Requests for Reappraisal of Final Grades
Students may, with sufficient grounds, request that a final grade in a course be reappraised (http://www.registrar.yorku.ca/services/grades/policy.htm). Further information may be obtained from the department/school offering the course. Students applying to have a grade reappraised in a Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies course should note the following:
- The Senate approved deadline** for submitting grade reappraisals is the scheduled date for the term in which a course is completed and the grade released:
- Winter Term: June 15
- Summer Term: September 30;
- Fall Term: February 15.
- Students may question the marking of specific pieces of work, or the overall course grade. Normally, however, only written work can be reassessed.
- When a student asks for a reappraisal, an original grade may be raised, lowered or confirmed.
- Students wishing to request the reappraisal of a final grade should fill out the appropriate form available from the department/school offering the course and submit it to the same office.
- The decision of the department/school may be appealed to the Faculty only on grounds of procedural irregularity or new evidence.