I. Scott MacKenzie
York University, Canada
Last update: February 25, 2013
Web resources for the book will be posted here. To see the complete Table of Contents or to purchase the book, click the image above.
The page numbers below in parentheses refer to the location in the book where the software or other information in the file is discussed.
The zip files below contain Java applications, including source files and supporting files for the APIs. Suggestion: Unzip all the files into a directory, then compile (javac *.java) and build the APIs (javadoc *.java).
● Anova2.zip (p. 206)
● ChiSquare.zip (p. 211)
● MannWhitneyU.zip (p. 216)
● WilcoxonSignedRank.zip (p. 218)
● KruskalWallis.zip (p. 218)
● Friedman.zip (p. 221)
● PostHoc.zip (to accompany the Anova2 utility; see API)
● LetterGuessingExperiment.zip (p. 68)
● ReactionTimeExperiment.zip (p. 70)
● FittsTaskTwo.zip (p. 291)
● TypingTestExperiment.zip (p. 317)
● PhoneKeypadExperiment.zip (p. 270)
● SoftKeyboardExperiment.zip (p. 317)
● GraffitiExperiment.zip (p. 69)
The apk files below are intended for tablets. The required minimum Android version is 3.0.
● GraffitiExperiment.apk – (p. 69) (Note: Data files saved in /mnt/sdcard/GraffitiExperimentData/. Create this directory manually before running the app.)
Text File Downloads
● d1-wordfreq.txt (p. 51) (English word-frequency list)
● fr-wordfreq.txt (p. 51) (French word-frequency list)
● de-wordfreq.txt (p. 51) (German word-frequency list)
● fi-wordfreq.txt (p. 51) (Finnish word-frequency list)
● sms-wordfreq.txt (p. 51) (SMS word-frequency list)
● hanzipinyin_statistics_raw.xls (p. 51) (Mandarin Chinese pinyin-frequency list)
● PowerPoint slides are available through the publisher for instructors adopting the book as a course text. Click here to go to the publisher’s web site to setup an account.
● Errata will be posted here.
● Comments/suggestions welcome. Please contact Scott MacKenzie at mack “at” cse.yorku.ca.