York University, Toronto, Canada
Last update: November 23, 2015
Page numbers appear below in parentheses. These refer to the location in the book where the software or other information in the file is discussed.
The zip files below contain Java applications, including source files and supporting files for the APIs. Instructions for running the applications, etc., are found in the APIs. Refer as well to the page in the book where the application is presented.
The apk files below are intended for tablets. The required minimum Android version is 3.0.
● GraffitiExperiment.apk – (p. 69) (Note: Data files saved in /mnt/sdcard/GraffitiExperimentData/. Create this directory manually before running the app.)
Text File Downloads
● d1-wordfreq.txt (p. 51) (English word-frequency list)
● fr-wordfreq.txt (p. 51) (French word-frequency list)
● de-wordfreq.txt (p. 51) (German word-frequency list)
● fi-wordfreq.txt (p. 51) (Finnish word-frequency list)
● sms-wordfreq.txt (p. 51) (SMS word-frequency list)
● hanzipinyin_statistics_raw.xls (p. 51) (Mandarin Chinese pinyin-frequency list)
● 07-StylusTapping.xls (pp. 247-248) (Figure 7.12, Figure 7.13)
● 07-FittsLaw.xls (pp. 253-254) (Figure 7.16, Figure 7.17)
● 07-InformationInEnglishAlphabet.xls (p. 257) (Figure 7.19)
● 07-KLMExample.xls (pp. 263-264) (Figure 7.26, Equation 22)
● 07-OptiLearningModel.xls (pp. 276-277) (Figure 7.36, Figure 7.37, Equation 29)
● 07-MultipleRegressionExample.xlsx (pp. 280-281) (Figure 7.40, Equation 33)
● SimpleExperiment.zip (p. 316) (in-class experiment similar to student exercise 8-3)
● PowerPoint slides are available through the publisher for instructors adopting the book as a course text. Click here to go to the publisher’s web site to setup an account.
● Errata will be posted here.
● Comments/suggestions welcome. Please contact Scott MacKenzie (email: mack “at” cse.yorku.ca).