York University, Toronto, Canada
Last update: November 27, 2017
Page numbers appear below in parentheses. These refer to the location in the book where the software or other information in the file is discussed.
The zip files below contain Java applications, including source files and supporting files for the APIs. Instructions for running the applications, etc., are found in the APIs. Refer as well to the page in the book where the application is presented.
Note: The latest version of the software below is on the web site for my experiment software: click here
● Anova2 (p. 206)
● PostHoc (to accompany Anova2)
● ChiSquare (p. 211)
● MannWhitneyU (p. 216)
● WilcoxonSignedRank (p. 218)
● KruskalWallis (p. 218)
● Friedman (p. 221)
The apk files below are intended for tablets. The required minimum Android version is 3.0.
Text File Downloads
● d1-wordfreq.txt (p. 51) (English word-frequency list)
● fr-wordfreq.txt (p. 51) (French word-frequency list)
● de-wordfreq.txt (p. 51) (German word-frequency list)
● fi-wordfreq.txt (p. 51) (Finnish word-frequency list)
● sms-wordfreq.txt (p. 51) (SMS word-frequency list)
● hanzipinyin_statistics_raw.xls (p. 51) (Mandarin Chinese pinyin-frequency list)
● 07-StylusTapping.xls (pp. 247-248) (Figure 7.12, Figure 7.13)
● 07-FittsLaw.xls (pp. 253-254) (Figure 7.16, Figure 7.17)
● 07-InformationInEnglishAlphabet.xls (p. 257) (Figure 7.19)
● 07-KLMExample.xls (pp. 263-264) (Figure 7.26, Equation 22)
● 07-OptiLearningModel.xls (pp. 276-277) (Figure 7.36, Figure 7.37, Equation 29)
● 07-MultipleRegressionExample.xlsx (pp. 280-281) (Figure 7.40, Equation 33)
● SimpleExperiment.zip (p. 316) (in-class experiment similar to student exercise 8-3)
Power Point Slides
● PowerPoint slides are available through the publisher for instructors adopting the book as a course text. Click here to go to the publisher’s web site to setup an account.
● Better yet, just contact me and I'll send you my slides.
● Comments/suggestions welcome. Please contact Scott MacKenzie (email: mack “at” cse.yorku.ca).