How to Apply
All applicants must submit the supplementary documents listed below along with the online application found on the York admissions requirements Web page:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three letters of reference
- Supplementary Information form
- A statement of Interest
- A Skype interview will be a requirement as part of the application process unless waived by the Program.
There are two start dates each year, September 1 and January 1.
The MFAc operates as a trimester program offering courses in fall, winter and summer. Application deadlines are:
- Fall – August 1
- Winter – December 1
Admission requirements are stated elsewhere on this website
The program is conducted in English in seminar format and excellent communication skills are required.
Proof of language proficiency is required for applicants who do not meet one of the following criteria:
- Their first language is English; or,
- They have completed at least two years of full-time study at a recognized university in a country (or institution) where English is the official language of instruction.
A minimum IELTS score of 7.0, TOEFL score of 94 or York English Language Test (YELT) score of band 1 or equivalent is required. Students who are ESL (English second language) will normally be asked to have a Skype interview to demonstrate English proficiency.