Skip to main content

Update Personal Information

It is your responsibility to ensure your personal student information is correct and up-to-date.

ExpandVerify Your Official Name

Your full legal name, as shown on the Student Information System, is what is used on official University documents, such as transcripts and diplomas. Please ensure that we have your correct legal name as this is what will appear on your diploma. Name change requests after convocation are limited to full legal name changes only.

To make any changes to your official name, you must submit a Name Change Form to the Registar's Office along with the appropriate supporting documentation as outlined on the form.

For your correct name to appear on your diploma and in the convocation program, the Name Change Form must be submitted to the Registrar's Office by May 1 for the June convocation and September 15 for the October convocation. If you submit the form after the deadline date, you will have to order and pay for a replacement diploma.

ExpandCheck Your Current Address and E-mail

You may need to be contacted regarding your graduation status and/or convocation by the Registrar's Office or the Events and Ceremonials team. Please ensure your current contact information, including e-mail address, is up-to-date.

  • Facebook link
  • Twitter link
  • YouTube link
  • Gmail icon
  • Google Drive icon
  • Google Calendar icon
  • Moodle icon
Ask a student services expert

Registrarial Services
In-Person Hours

Bennett Centre for Student Services Lobby
Monday9am - 4pm
Tuesday9am - 4pm
Wednesday9am - 6:30pm
Thursday9am - 4pm
Friday10am - 3pm
Saturday & Sundayclosed
Glendon Campus hours may differ

Call Centre Hours

(416) 872-YORK (9675)
Monday to Thursday  9am - 4pm
Friday10am - 3pm
Events & Ceremonials in the Division of Advancement is looking for students interested in working with the Events & Ceremonials team at Fall 2015 Convocation, held from October 14-16, 2015. Interested candidates can fill out an application online by Monday, Sept. 21 at 4pm.