York and New College Orientation (Academic) for New Students
in ADMS, DEM, HRM, IT
Start your education off right by joining us at the new student academic orientation. Student Orientation is open for all incoming New College students (domestic, international, exchange, transfer and mature).
As a new student, you probably have a lot of questions about university, your classes and student life. York is a big place, but what’s great is that there are lots of options and opportunities. New College is your home community within the larger university.
The Office of the Master and New College Council will help you get settled and will provide support throughout your academic career. We will also introduce you to broader supports within the Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies (LA&PS).
At Academic Orientation, you will:
- Learn more about your college (New College) and what is here for you
- Learn more about your academic program
- Become familiar with the campus community, services and important resources available to you
- Learn about financial resources (free money)
- Learn how to get involved in student life by connecting with current students and a wide variety of student clubs and organizations
- Discover exciting opportunities and upcoming events
- Get the "inside scoop" on life at York from current students and staff
- Meet new friends, faculty and colleagues
- Learn about our Peer Mentorship program designed to assist you during your transition from high school to university.
Please be aware that Academic Orientation is an essential program for all new students, and attendance is mandatory.
Who Should Register:
All students who are enrolled in the following degree programs:
- (BAS) Bachelor of Administrative Studies:
Accounting, Business Research, Finance, Management, Human Resources Management, Marketing;
- (BAS ITEK) Bachelor of Administrative Studies:
Information Technology – Business, Systems Analysis, E-Commerce Development, IT Auditing & Assurance;
- (BDEM) Bachelor of Disaster and Emergency Management;
- (BHRM) Bachelor of Human Resources Management;
- (BA ITEC)
Bachelor of Arts Information Technology:
Technology and Society, Health Industry, Technical and Professional Writing, Communication Studies, Management, Marketing
** Early Bird Registration Prize for Academic Orientation **
Winter term - Register by December 15 and you could win a $25 gift certificate to spend at the YorkU Bookstore!
The winner of the Early Bird Prize will be announced at Academic Orientation. Thewinner must be in attendance to receive a prize.
WINTER ACADEMIC ORIENTATION
For Students in
Date: Friday, January 8, 2016
Time: 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Location: 109 Atkinson Bldg.
International Students Orientation
As the central support to international students at York University, York International (YI) is looking forward to welcoming New College international students!
York International will be offering a special International Student Orientation Session to address the unique needs of international students. At this session international students will:
- Receive crucial information about immigration requirements for international students, including how the newly implemented rules affect you.
- Learn about the mandatory University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP).
- Have the opportunity to make lasting friends with international peers who will assist with adaptation to the new academic environment.
- Learn about safety and security at York University.
As an international student, it is mandatory for you to participate in this special session.
Should you have any questions, please call us at 416-736-5233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org