"Our purpose is to build community by upholding the values of York University, through support and accountability programming in order to positively impact the student experience".
The Office of Student Community Relations (OSCR) supports students impacted by critical incidents, facing personal crises or multiple complex issues. The Office of Student Community Relations supports students, parent/guardians and the community in its role as the University liaison in the management of critical incident cases. Other supports include contacting students and/or their family and assisting them by arranging appropriate referrals and support, both internal and external to York. OSCR works directly with the Office of the President, Faculties, Security Services, the Registrar and any other University unit that may be in involved. OSCR provides support for incidents such as, but not limited to, critical illness or injury of a student, student death, attempted suicide and sexual assault. OSCR advocates for students to secure academic accommodations, financial assistance, stop-outs/leaves and emergency housing.
Students are asked to engage OSCR through social media and respond to the following questions:
- What does it mean to you to be a citizen of York University?
- Why do you think it is important for all students to be well versed about the community standards of York University?
- Tell us which York values relate to your personal situation.
© Music by: Adam Kapit. Ernie Lake. Scott P. Schreer, B. Freeplaymusic. 2010. Electronic Grooves Volume 2. Breezy Street.
- OSCR Website: www.yorku.ca/oscr
- CSRR: www.yorku.ca/oscr/pdfs/CodeofRightsandResponsibilities.pdf
- Twitter: @OSCRYUPST
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/OSCRYUPeerSupport
- Residence Life "Get Involved" Section: reslife.scld.yorku.ca/get-involved/
Office of Student Community Relations
Telephone: (416) 736-5231
Location: W128 Bennett Centre for Student Services
A division of Students