The Peer Support Team (PST) is an important part of the Office of Student Conflict Resolution (OSCR) and PST members offer a number of support services to the York community:
- Provide advice and support to students involved in the disciplinary process.
- Assist students with resolve conflicts less formally through alternative dispute resolution processes.
- Promote and encourage a peace-building culture on campus.
- Educate students about the Code of Student Rights & Responsibilities (CSRR) and conflict resolution resources offered at York.
PST programming includes:
- Goal: Promote and educate the community about conflict avoidance techniques and alternative dispute resolution processes and resources; encourage a peace-building culture on campus; raise awareness about events related to conflict and safety on campus; educate students about the CSRR; and develop and deliver programming that relate specifically to conflicts and disciplinary issues in residence community.
- Goal: Assist students involved in the disciplinary process; mediate conflicts; facilitate restorative justice circles; and provide information and referrals.
- Goal: Develop and deliver educative sanctions/workshops that address specific disciplinary issues.
Peer Support Team (PST)
Our Peer Support Team plans outreach activities focusing on topics related to conflict resolution. The PST will host events to raise awareness about the CSRR, the alternative dispute resolution process, and how students can access resources and get support when they are dealing with a conflict.
Peer Support Team members are available to meet with students who are involved in a disciplinary process and need support. In addition, the PST offers workshops and training to student organizations, helping group members acquire conflict resolutions skills to build strong and positive student organizations.
The Peer Support Team is also available to Residence-Life Coordinators who plan events for students living on campus.
Peer Support Team members receive extensive training including: alternative dispute resolution; anger management; diversity and inclusivity; and workplace safety and violence prevention
How to Get Involved
Apply for a PST position here.
For more details about the program, contact our Peer Support Team Coordinator at email@example.com or at 416-736-5231.
The Peer Support Team office is located within the Office of Student Conflict Resolution (OSCR) located at W128 Bennett Centre for Student Services. Drop-ins are welcome.
We are open 8:30am until 4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Tel: (416) 736-5231
Office of Student Conflict Resolution
Telephone: (416) 736-5231
Location: W128 Bennett Centre for Student Services
A division of Students