The University's preferred payment method is Direct Deposit (also known as electronic funds transfer). Suppliers/Vendors are encouraged to register for this payment option to assist the University in achieving its environmental sustainability commitment while assuring prompt payment of goods and services.
Direct Deposit applications are available at Vendor Direct Deposit Application and will only be processed if the following conditions are met:
- The bank account used for direct deposit must be at a Canadian bank.
- Only invoices payable in Canadian dollars to a Canadian address will be eligible for direct deposit.
- The vendor must have a valid email address. The email address will be used for notification of the direct deposit and will indicate which invoices are being paid. We would encourage you to keep copies of the email notification for your own reference.
- If a voided cheque is not supplied with the Direct Deposit Application, a Letter of Guarantee from your bank must accompany the Direct Deposit Form to confirm banking information.
All banking information is regarded as confidential. We urge you to participate in this safe, secure and efficient method of payment.
If you have any question regarding the Direct Deposit program, please contact Accounts Payable at
(416) 736-5661 for additional information.