Innovation York is the technology commercialization, industry-liaison, and research agreement unit within the Office of Research Services at York University. Within the research agreements stream, Innovation York is committed to ensuring that your research agreements are drafted, reviewed, negotiated, and executed in a timely manner. A research agreement is a contract with an external third party that creates obligations for a researcher(s), a third party, and the university. There are many types of research agreements:
- Funding Agreements – An agreement that allows the transfer of money to the University for a research project from the government, non-profit organizations, other universities, or industry.
- Non-Funding Agreements – An agreement that allows for the facilitation of research, but does not involve money.
- Data Sharing Agreements –used to transfer data and information
- Collaboration Agreements –used to collaborate on research projects when no money is transferred between the parties
- Confidentiality Agreements –used to share confidential information
- Material Transfer Agreements –used to transfer research materials
If you receive a research agreement from a third party or think you might need a research agreement, please contact:
Associate Director, Innovation York
416-736-2100 x 20579
Research Agreements Officer
416-736-2100 x 33786
Andrea O. Thomas
Research Awards Coordinator
416-736-2100 x 33780
Innovation York will then work with the Office of the Counsel to draft and/or review your agreement and work with the third party to revise and sign it in a timely manner.