CCO/OICR KT-Net Request for Proposals
The Ontario Institute for Cancer Research (OICR)
and Cancer Care Ontario (CCO) recently announced a Request for Applications
(RFA), through the Knowledge Translation Research Network (KT-Net) of the Health
Services (HSR) Program. A summary is provided below.
To address important knowledge translation aspects relevant to the clinical priority areas defined in IOCR’s 2010-2015 strategic plan.
OICR's 2010-2015 Strategic Plan (http://oicr.on.ca/strategic-plan) has identified five clinical issues as research priorities:
- The high fatality of pancreatic cancer
- The over-diagnosis of prostate cancer
- The over-aggressive treatment of early stage breast cancer
- The insufficient participation in population-based screening programs
- The long-term adverse effects of treatment affecting cancer survivors (with a particular interest in survivors of childhood, adolescent, and young adult cancers)
- Additionally, OICR is also interested in studies involving 'personalized medicine'
- Special Topic: "Tightening Loose Connections - integration of cancer research and cancer policy through Cancer Care Ontario"
Applications are invited for
this special topic which is a collaborative project between OICR KT-Net and CCO
to determine the knowledge translation challenges and opportunities experienced
by cancer researchers in Ontario and by CCO.
- To describe how Ontario cancer researchers typically disseminate the results of their research and the extent to which they do or do not make specific efforts at knowledge translation and exchange (KTE) with relevant policy/decision-makers at CCO.
- To describe how Ontario-based cancer research (specifically cancer health services research) is or is not used to inform policy and/or program decision made by CCO.
- To describe both opportunities and challenges to effective KTE between Ontario cancer researchers and CCO policy/decision-makers.
- To make specific recommendations on how to
improve the links between Ontario cancer researchers and CCO
Up to $200,000
Submission to ORS – May 1, 2012
Submission to agency – May 15, 2012
For further information and application process, please visit the following web sites:
ORS Submission Policy
York University researchers are reminded that all applications for external research funding, including Letters of Intent, must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Research Services before they are submitted to the granting agency. For internal approval, the application must be accompanied by a completed ORS Checklist, which requires the Chair’s and Dean’s signatures.
To ensure that the approved application is ready by the agency deadline, a complete application folder must be submitted to the ORS ten (10) working days prior to final submission date.
Associate Director, Research Grants
Office of Research Services,
York Research Tower, 5th Floor,
Tel: 416-736-2100 x 88859