OMAFRA Food Safety Research Program Call for Proposals
The Ontario Ministry of Agriculture,
Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) invite proposals for its Food Safety Research
Program 2012/2013 to support the implementation of an enhanced, science-based
food safety system in Ontario.
Please note, a pre-submission consultation will be held for potential applicants.
The consultation with the OMAFRA representative will involve a short overview of the program and application procedures, and provide an opportunity to ask questions of staff responsible for the program.
- Date and time: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 from 10-12 p.m.
- Location: 1 Stone Road West, Guelph, Conference Centre Room 2
- Attendance: in person or by Webex
- To register: contact Kelley Knight, Research Analyst (519-826-3355)
- To direct and maximize research activities and financial and human resources to support a proactive, coordinated and comprehensive approach to managing agri-food emergencies in Ontario to lessen their likelihood, frequency or impact.
Proposals are solicited that will generate new knowledge and/or technologies in the following areas:
- Economic analysis
- Threat identification and prioritization
- Detection and surveillance, including field validation of developed detection methods
- Pathway analysis
- Prevention and control of disease
Up to $100,000
6 months to 2 years
Pre-submission Consultation – Wednesday, April 25, 2012
ORS deadline for Letter of Intent: Monday, May 17, 2012
Letter of Intent – Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 4:00 p.m. EST
Full Application (by invitation only) – Thursday, September 27, 2012
Complete RFP details can be found by consulting the following link:
ORS Submission Policy
York University researchers are reminded that all applications for external research funding, including Letters of Intent, must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Research Services before they are submitted to the granting agency. For internal approval, the application must be accompanied by a completed ORS Checklist, which requires the Chair’s and Dean’s signatures.
To ensure that the approved application is ready by the agency deadline, a complete application folder must be submitted to the ORS ten (10) working days prior to final submission date.
Associate Director, Research Grants
Office of Research Services,
York Research Tower, 5th Floor,
Tel: 416-736-2100 x 88859