UK-Canada Collaboration Development Awards
The Office of Research Services (ORS) recently
received information regarding a Call for Proposals (CFP) from the British High
Commission, Ottawa, regarding the 2012 Canada – UK Collaboration Development
Awards (CDA) Programme. This CFP is open to academic and industrial science and
innovation experts in the UK and Canada looking to create bilateral (or
multilateral) partnerships. A
summary is provided below.
- To foster bilateral (Canada/UK) relationships in priority areas, building on existing agreements/relationships.
- To provide funding so scientists, engineers, academic leaders and innovation experts can travel abroad for short visits to lay the groundwork for collaborative efforts.
The goals of the Canada-UK CDA Programme are as follows:
- joint publications
- joint or complementary funding applications
- student/researcher exchange programs
- sharing of equipment, materials and facilities
- knowledge exchange of skills and techniques
- institutional linkages; technology transfer; and
- industry or philanthropic sponsorship
Please consult the guidelines for a list of the priority areas.
1-2 week visit
Submission to ORS – August 20, 2012
Submission to agency – September 1, 2012
For further information and the application form and guidelines, please consult the following link:
ORS Submission Policy
York University researchers are reminded that all applications for external research funding, including Letters of Intent, must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Research Services before they are submitted to the granting agency. For internal approval, the application must be accompanied by a completed ORS Checklist, which requires the Chair’s and Dean’s signatures.
To ensure that the approved application is ready by the agency deadline, a complete application folder must be submitted to the ORS ten (10) working days prior to final submission date.
Associate Director, Research Grants
Office of Research Services,
York Research Tower, 5th Floor,
Tel: 416-736-2100 x 88859