POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND REGULATIONS
Guideline on the Acceptance and Display of Commemorative Art Work
- The University will determine on a case by case basis whether to accept a gift of a work of art which is being given for the purpose of commemoration of an individual or an historical event.
- If the university determines it will accept a commemorative art work, it shall also in its sole discretion determine:
- where and for how long the art work shall be on public display
- what if any inscription or description should be displayed with the work.
- In determining whether to accept and display a work, the following considerations will apply:
- The artistic merit of the work
- The degree of difficulty of maintaining and the cost of insuring the work
- Any special security measures required to protect the work
- Whether the work or the individual or event it commemorates is so controversial as to engender activity which would compromise the work, the facilities or the activities of the university.
- This Guideline shall be applied by the President or his/her delegate.