Some of the terms used in the Student Account Online Statement might be unfamiliar to you; below you will find a few of the more commonly used terms.
- Previous Statement Date - this is the date your last statement was run.
- Previous Balance - this is the balance shown on your last statement.
- Amount Due on Last Statement - this is the amount which had to be paid from the last statement to avoid interest charges.
- Payments Received - this is a total of all payments made to your account since the last statement was issued.
- Present Balance - this is the total outstanding balance. This amount may include charges which do not begin until another term and for fees which are not due now, i.e. fees for courses which begin in September are not due until September 10; however, you may pay these charges in advance if you wish.
- Minimum Payment Due This Month - this amount must be paid by the "Payment Due By" date to avoid interest charges. If the amount shown is zero, no payment is due on that date.
- Payment Due By - payment must be made by this date in order to avoid interest charges. Payments are currently due by the 10th of the following month; if the full amount is not paid by the due date, an interest charge will be added to the account. More information on the Financial Repercussions tab above.
Payments on your student account are due on the 10th of each month. If you do not pay the "minimum payment due this month" to the University by this date, you will be charged an interest rate of one per cent monthly on the amount owing from your last statement. The annual interest rate is 12.7 per cent. Interest charges are not assessed on fees for courses that begin in a future academic session or on transactions that appear for the first time on your statement.
Be advised that there will be certain consequences of having an overdue amount on your student account. In addition to the interest charges outlined above, you may not be able to enrol in courses (financial block), get transcripts or graduate; you may also be unable to obtain other University services such as student housing, library services etc.
For more details about interest charges, financial blocks and returned payments, visit the Paying Your Student Account page.
For enquiries about your account, call 416-872-YORK (9675).
|For detailed information
|* Health Plan Charges - Graduate Students (GSA)
|* Health Plan Charges - International Students (UHIP)
|* Health Plan Charges - Osgoode Students (Legal and Literary Society)
|* Health Plan Charges - Undergraduate Students (YFS)
|Housing - Glendon Campus
|Housing - Keele Campus
* In-depth information about student health plans, eligibility and coverage, is available at the Health Services at York section of the Health Education & Promotion Web site.