Skip to main content

Tax Forms

The 2014 T2202A and T4A* tax forms are now available online.

If you need to reset your Passport York password, please click here

All York students, current and past, can print their completed T2202A and T4A tax forms directly from the Web by using the Tax Form Module (TFM). Below is a brief description of each of the forms.

* New this year: Your T4A forms will no longer be mailed to you. If you have trouble accessing them online, please contact Registrarial Services for assistance.


This government-approved form shows how much tuition you have paid for the prior calendar year and what your Education Credits are for the period. T2202A forms will not be mailed.

All students who require tax forms for the years 1998 to the most recent taxation year can access these forms online by using the EForms system.

For an explanation of how T2202A tax forms are calculated, click on the appropriate link below.

As of the 2013 tax year: Elimination of Form T2202 for Students with Disabilities:

The T2202, Education and Textbook Amounts Certificate (which is not the same as the T2202A form) was eliminated in 2013.

If you were only able to enrol part time because you had a mental or physical impairment restricting you in one of the activities listed in Guide RC4064, Medical and Disability-Related Information, you will now need to obtain a letter from a medical practioner certifying your impairment.

For complete details please visit the Canada Revenue Agency’s website.


The Canada Revenue Agency requires York to report bursaries, scholarships, awards, prizes and senior and exchange waiver amounts provided to students. These amounts are shown as income with code 105. This amount reflects amounts you have received from York during the calendar year, i.e. January 1 to December 31.

Note for students whose fees are covered under a tuition waiver:

Fee waivers are considered scholarships given to the student. Therefore, students will receive T4As with the amount as a scholarship. The student will now include the amount in their income tax calculation. For a more detailed explanation on this change, please visit the Canada Revenue Agency Web site.


This tax form, which shows any income you have earned at York, is mailed separately by Human Resources and Employee Relations (Payroll Department). T4 forms are not yet available online.

Ontario Tax Credit

If you lived in a residence at a designated Ontario university, college or private school residence, you can claim only $25 as your occupancy cost for the part of the year you lived in such a residence.

Ontario tax credits are funded by the province. Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) administers the program on behalf of Ontario through the federal income tax system. Claim your tax credit on the Application for the 2013 Ontario Trillium Benefit and the Ontario Senior Homeowners' Property Tax Grant (student residence line 6114) included in your federal T1-General income tax return. An official letter from the University is not required as the student completes the information requested in the declaration for the property tax credit.

The Canada Revenue Agency stipulates that you cannot claim meals and lodging as tuition fees. Current information on CRA regulations and guidelines for tuition and education amounts can be found online on the Students and Income Tax page.

  • Facebook link
  • Twitter link
  • YouTube link
  • Gmail icon
  • Google Drive icon
  • Google Calendar icon
  • Moodle icon


See all important dates.
Ask a student services expert