Algebraic combinatorics is my research area, with the focus on Jones pairs, type-II matrices and their relations to association schemes. Association schemes encode combinatorial objects such as distance regular graphs and symmetric designs. They can also be viewed as a generalization of finite abelian groups. Two families of association schemes, the Johnson schemes and the Hamming schemes, have applications in the study of designs, codes and orthogonal arrays. My interest lies in the connections of association schemes with coding theory, design theory, graph theory and knot theory.
I am also interested in algebraic graph theory, quantum walks on graphs and complex Hadamard matrices.
- Ada Chan, Shaun Fallat, Jephian Lin, Steve Kirkland, Shahla Nasserasr, Sarah Plosker, Complex Hadamard diagonalizable graphs. In Preparation.
- Ada Chan, Gabriel Coutinho, Christino Tamon, Luc Vinet, Harmony Zhan, Fractional revival and association schemes, arXiv:1907.04729.
- Ada Chan, Complex Hadamard matrices, instantaneous uniform mixing, and cubes, arXiv:1305.5811, submitted .
- Ada Chan, Complex Hadamard matrices and strongly regular graphs, arXiv:1102.5601.
- Ada Chan, Gabriel Coutinho, Christino Tamon, Luc Vinet, Harmony Zhan, Quantum fractional revival on graphs, accepted by Discrete Applied Mathematics.
- Pierretr>Antoine Bernard, Ada Chan, Érika Loranger, Christino Tamon, Luc Vinet, A graph with fractional revival. Physics Letters A, 382 (2018) Issue 5, 259--264.
- Ethan Ackelsberg, Zachary Brehm, Ada Chan, Joshua Mundinger and Christino Tamon, Adjacency State Transfer in Coronas, Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, 24 (2017), 2--24.
- Ethan Ackelsberg, Zachary Brehm, Ada Chan, Joshua Mundinger and Christino Tamon, Laplacian State Transfer in Coronas, Linear Algebra and its Applications, 506 (2016), 154--167.
- Ada Chan and A. Munemasa, Hamming graph in Nomura algebra, Linear algebra and its applications 435 (2011), no. 2, 330--341.
- Ada Chan and C. D. Godsil, Type-II matrices and combinatorial structures, Combinatorica 30(2010), no. 1, 1--24.
- Ada Chan and Rie Hosoya, On the association schemes of type-II matrices constructed on conference graphs, J. Algebraic Combinatorics 20 (2004), no. 3, 341--351.
- Ada Chan and C. D. Godsil, Bose-Mesner algebras attached to invertible Jones pairs, J. Combin. Th. Ser. A 106 (2004), no. 2, 165--191.
- Ada Chan, C. D. Godsil, and A. Munemasa, Four-weight spin models and Jones pairs, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 355 (2003), no. 6, 2305-2325 (electronic).
- Ada Chan and R. M. Wilson, Some consequences of the linear programming bounds for designs, University of Waterloo Research Report CORR 2001-36 , 2001
- Ada Chan, Jones pairs, Ph.D. Thesis, University of Waterloo, 2001
- Ada Chan, Bounds on designs derived from Delsarte's inequalities, Master Thesis, University of Waterloo, 1995
- Session on Algebraic Graph Theory
CMS 2017 Winter Meeting, Waterloo, Canada, December, 2017
- Session on Matrix Theory
CMS 2016 Winter Meeting, Niagara Falls, Canada, December, 2016
- Systems of Lines: Application of Algebraic Combinatorics
Worcester Polytechnic Institute, USA, August, 2015
- Discrete Math Day in the Northeast
Bard College, USA March, 2015
- Graphs at Ryerson Seminar
Department of Mathematics, Ryerson University, Canada October, 2014
- Potsdam Research Experience for Undergraduates in Mathematics
Department of Mathemtics, SUNY Potsdam, USA July, 2014
- Discrete Math Seminar
Department of Mathematics and Statistics, York University, Canada February, 2014
- Algebraic Combinatorics Seminar
Dept. of Combinatorics and Optimization, University of Waterloo, Canada March, 2013
- Session on Combinatorics
CMS 2012 Spring Meeting, Regina, Canada June, 2012
- Ottawa-Carleton Discrete Mathematics Day
Carleton University March, 2012
- Workshop on Algebraic Graph Theory
BIRS, Banff, Canada April, 2011
- Applied Algebra Seminar
Department of Mathematics and Statistics, York University, Canada April, 2010
- Session on Combinatorics
CMS 2008 Winter Meeting, Ottawa, Canada, December, 2008
- Special Session on Association Schemes and related topics
AMS 2005 Fall Central Meeting, University of Nebraska - Lincoln, U.S.A., October, 2005
- Algebraic Combinatorics Seminar, University of Waterloo, Canada, April, 2005
- Algebraic Combinatorics Seminar, University of Waterloo, Canada, November, 2005
- Information Mathematical Sciences Colloquium, Tohoku University, Japan, July, 2004
- Combinatorics Seminar, University of Wisconsin-Madison, U.S.A., November, 2003
- Special Session on Association Schemes: 1973-2003
2003 AMS Fall Southeastern Section Meeting, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, U.S.A., October, 2003
- Special Session on Association Schemes and Distance Regular Graphs
2002 AMS Spring Western Section Meeting, Portland State University, U.S.A., June, 2002
- Kyushu University, Japan, May 2002
- Applied Algebra Seminar, York University, Canada, April, 2002
- Combinatorics Seminar, California Institute of Technology, U.S.A., February 2001
- Faculty of Mathematics Graduate Student Conference, University of Waterloo, Canada, June 2000
- Management Science Seminar, Tilburg University, Netherlands, September 1998
- Algebraic Combinatorics Day, University of Toronto, Canada, July 1998
- Eleventh Ontario Combinatorics Workshop, Ryerson University, Canada, May 1997