Click here for a list of current Sustainability Ambassadors.
A Sustainability Ambassador at York University is a volunteer leader who encourages other community members to act sustainably. A Sustainability Ambassador is a Student, Faculty, Staff, or Alum who is a role model, a change agent, and a committed friend of the environment. Sustainability Ambassadors are already leaders and are probably looking for more ways to volunteer and get involved at York around sustainability - well here is that opportunity!
As a Sustainability Ambassador you will:
- Rethink, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Make every attempt to lead by example
- Encourage fellow community members to take the Sustainability Pledges
- Positively and patiently encourage sustainability within your unit and your peers
- Advocate for change
- Be an active part of York University's sustainable future
- Have fun!
If you want to learn more about what Sustainability Ambassadors do, what is required of them, and what the benefits and challenges of this volunteer position are, then click here for the full description and to sign up!