14 March, 2006 - STUDENT COMMUNITY & LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
Are you a leader? Know someone who is? Do you believe leadership at York University should be recognized? Good - so do we.
Both the York University Student Centre and the Office of the Vice-President Students have a shared goal
of enhancing the quality of life at York University. In order to facilitate and celebrate student leadership development,
this year, for the first time, the Student Centre and the Centre for Student Community & Leadership Development have
joined forces to offer the following student awards:
- York University Student Centre Leadership Award for commitment to the York community as a whole
- York University Student Centre Leadership Award for commitment to a local aspect of the York Community (club, college, department)
- Office of the VP Students' Deborah Hobson Award for Student Leadership for significant contributions toward promoting school spirit
Each student leadership award winner will receive a plaque along with a $500 prize.
Please note that the Student Centre will also administer the Deborah Hobson Staff award.
Applications are now being accepted. The deadline for applying for the awards is 5pm, Friday, April 14th, 2006. If you have any questions regarding this matter, please contact:
Entry forms are available below:
- 2005 Student Centre Leadership Award Application and Nomination Form (PDF)
- 2005 Deborah Hobson Award for Student Leadership Application and Nomination Form (PDF)
Web contact for Office of the Vice-President Students: firstname.lastname@example.org