Women and Trans People Safety Committee
The Women's Campus Safety Grant is provided by the Ministry of Training, Colleges & Universities to help fund campus initiatives that promote women's safety. The grant is provided to the Vice-Provost Students to administer. The Women and Trans People Safety Committee, made up of staff and students, review and adjudicate proposals.
- Past projects and programs that have received funds include:
- International Women's Day conference
- Wen-do women's self defence courses
- Print material and pamphlets on responding to sexual assault
- "Can I Kiss You?" presentation
- Alcohol Education online
- Crisis grants
Applications are encouraged from departments and student organizations.
Priority will be given to:
- Initiatives that promote and address safety for women and trans people on campus.
- Initiatives that support METRAC recommendations can be found at safety.yorku.ca/metracsafetyaudit/.
Terms and Conditions of Grant:
- Initiatives must operate from an anti-oppressive framework.
- Initiatives must be completed by March 2014 and status reports submitted 15 days after project completion and no later than April 1, 2014.
- Grant funds can only be used for the approved initiative.
- Salary costs are not eligible for funding.
- Funding will be released upon the following:
- Completion of the initiative/project by date noted above;
- Receipt of status reports by date noted above;
- For internal University departments, receipt of copies of invoices and eReports printouts to support actual costs of initiative/project;
- For recognized student organizations, receipt of copies of invoices and copies of cancelled cheques to support actual costs of initiative/project.
Applications are due Monday, September 16, 2013. Click here for an application form.
Women and Trans People Safety Committee email email@example.com
Office of Vice-Provost Students
Location: N303, Bennett Centre for Student Services