Always wanted to find out if martial arts are for you? How about Spinning, cardio hip-hop or belly dancing? Whatever program you might be interested in trying – now's your chance! Recreation York offers a variety of fitness and lifestyle programs throughout the year including more than 45 different instructional courses. Drop in to the Tait McKenzie Centre on York’s Keele campus this week until Jan. 14 to sample the various instructional courses free of charge. Courses offered include:
- Water Training
- Swimming Lessons
- Cardio Hip-Hop
- Latin - Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced
- Latin - Salsa Nightclub Dancing
- Social Dance (formerly Ballroom)
- Shaolin Kempo Karate
- On the Ball
- Pilates - Beginner and Intermediate
- Power Yoga
- Tai Chi
- Yoga, 1 and 2
- Learn to Skate
- Ice Hockey - Beginner
- Fourteen classes to choose from (see schedule at the Tait McKenzie Centre Customer Service Desk or at the Sport & Recreation Web site under Recreation - instructional programs).
Fit for Life Employee Program
- Monday to Thursday (see schedule at the Tait McKenzie Centre Customer Service Desk or at the Sport & Recreation Web site under Recreation - Employee Fit for Life).
Instructional courses are offered at various times during the day. Contact the Tait McKenzie Customer Service Desk at ext.55185 for more information or pick up a Demo Week Flyer (green pamphlet) at the Tait McKenzie Centre.