FASI Dance Education Workshop: Dance & the Child
Jul 3, 2012 to Jul 13, 2012
York University's Fine Arts Summer Intensive presents Dance & the Child, a two-week workshop for dance educators at all levels.
This professional development workshop will present theories, models, tools, strategies, practical resources and applications for teaching dance to young students from kindergarten to Grade 8.
By exploring appropriate contexts for dance learning when designing experiences for young students, participants will develop an understanding of:
- the elements of dance, skills acquisition and the art-making processes of dance creation with and for young people
- planning dance classes for studio, school or community settings
- the revised Ontario dance curriculum for K to 8
- approaches to integrating dance with other disciplinesand with life
- becoming an arts leader and dance advocate in studio, community or school settings.
Workshop fee (for non-York students): $350
Current York students: Register via the York Courses System.
Fine Arts Summer Intensive (FASI) is a series of creative experiential workshops for high school and university students, emerging professionals and educators, offered by the Faculty of Fine Arts at York University. From two-day training sessions to three-week boot camps, FASI offers intensive experiences in dance, design, film, music, theatre and visual arts designed to whip you into creative shape!
FASI is supported by York University's Academic Innovation Fund.
|Location:||Fine Arts complex, York University, 4700 Keele St. Toronto|
|Sponsor:||Faculty of Fine Arts|
|Posted by:||Derek Gingrich|