IODE War Memorial Scholarship
Dec 1, 2013
IODE Canada is offering five War Memorial Scholarships of $15,000 to Doctoral students to study in Canada or a Commonwealth Country. Deadline for applications is December 1, 2013.
Founded in 1900, IODE Canada is a national women's charitable organization dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for individuals through education support, community service and citizenship programs.
- Be a Canadian Citizen;
- Hold a first degree from a Canadian university;
- Be enrolled in at least the second year of a doctoral program.
The following documents must be submitted:
- Completed and signed application form;
- Statement of research topic and reasons for its importance (250 words or less;
- Summary of graduate work completed and in progress, including reasons for choice of university (250 words or less);
- Future plans and statement of career goals;
- list of post–secondary awards received including value and dates held;
- Complete bibliographic list of publications/research. Please indicate peer&bdash;reviewed publications;
- List of extra–curricular interests, including current volunteer activities;
- List of other scholarships for which you are applying;
- Certified copies of academic transcripts (undergraduate and graduate) must be submitted directly by the Registrar to IODE Canada;
- Three letters of reference must be submitted to IODE Canada. It is the responsibility of each candidate to ensure that letters have been received by IODE Canada on or before the application deadline, 01 December 2013;
- Proof of Canadian citizenship. Please provide a photocopy ofCanadian birth certiﬁcate or Canadian passport.
The application must be made online. For more information, or to begin the application process, please visit the scholarship website.