Bloorview Research Institute Pursuit Award in Childhood Disability
Feb 1, 2014
The Bloorview Research Institute at Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital is pleased to launch the 2014 Pursuit Award. The award recognizes PhD students for their outstanding achievements in childhood disability research.
The Pursuit award is open to PhD students who will have defended their PhD by September 2014 as well as post-doctoral trainees and recent alumni who are within one year of the date of completing their PhD training.
Any applied or clinical research strongly linked to childhood disability is eligible for consideration.
Applications must include at least one first-authored paper in print or in press resulting from the thesis.
The top three candidates will present at the awards ceremony in Toronto, Canada at Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation hospital.
Finalists may be eligible for a Post-Doctoral Fellowship at the Bloorview Research Institute.
Up to three prizes will be awarded.
Travel and accommodation costs to present at the award ceremony will be covered by Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital.
The application package must include:
- Application form and checklist (PDF: 442 KB)
- Brief biographical sketch of candidate (1/2 page);
- Current curriculum vitae of applicant;
- Thesis title and abstract;
- List of all publications arising from thesis (in print or in press);
- Up to three preprints or reprints (include a description of contribution by applicant for each publication);
- 2 letters of support- commenting on the quality of research contributions to date
- Letter of support from supervisor, describing why thesis is deemed an outstanding contribution to the field and why the student should be considered for the award; and
- Please submit your application in one PDF by email to email@example.com.
The applications must be received by: February 1, 2014, 5 pm EST.
For more information, please see the Pursuit Award website.
|Sponsor:||Bloorview Research Institute|