Transportation Association of Canada (TAC) 2014 Scholarship program
Feb 17, 2014
Applications are now being accepted for the Transportation Association of Canada (TAC) 2014 Scholarship program to support and encourage bright, young students pursuing a career in transportation. In 2013, the program offered 49 scholarships with a total value of $181,000. Since its inception over 321 scholarships worth more than $1.3 million have been awarded. The deadline for applications is February 17, 2014.
TAC Foundation scholarships provide educational assistance in technical areas or disciplines which will contribute to safe, secure, efficient, effective and environmentally and financially sustainable transportation services in support of Canada's social and economic goals. The Foundation's primary focus for educational support (scholarships) is on roadways and their strategic linkages and inter–relationships with other components of the transportation system.
A new and exciting feature has been added to the TAC Foundation Scholarship program. Employment Connections will provide a way for the Foundation's major donors to connect with top scholarship applicants (recipients and finalists) about future employment opportunities in their organization.
Late in the application review process, top applicants (scholarship winners and finalists) will have the option to submit information, along with their resumé, about their future employment interests. Each fall after scholarships have been awarded, this information will be compiled and shared with top TAC Foundation donor organizations for their consideration as potential new talent.
TAC Foundation scholarships now BOTH support education in transportation-related disciplines AND connect transportation and roadways sector employers with the best and brightest young professionals entering the field.
- Must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents;
- Must be enrolled in full–time studies for the full subsequent year (September 2014 through April 2015) at a Canadian post secondary institution (university or college) in a transportation–related program;
- Are limited to being awarded one TAC Foundation scholarship at each stage of their education (community college, university undergraduate, graduate). (Note: TAC Foundation entrance scholarships are not included in this restriction.);
- Must have achieved an overall B average or equivalent average mark in their previous academic year;
- May apply for and receive scholarships from other sources;
- Community college students must be entering their final year of a certified community college program in fall 2014, and intend to pursue a career in the transportation field, as related to the Foundation's primary focus (described above)
- University undergraduates must be entering their final undergraduate year studies at university in fall 2014, and intend to pursue a career in the transportation field, as related to the Foundation's primary focus (described above)
- Graduate students must be admissible to a transportation–related graduate studies program or already registered as a full–time graduate student in the field in fall 2014
To Apply (Applications open December 2013):
Before completing the application form, be sure that you have available and are ready to submit the following two (2) documents:
- An official copy of your most current academic transcript, provided on official letterhead in an unalterable format, e.g. PDF, JPG (max. 2 MB file size) or via URL link.
- A maximum two–page resumé summarizing your education, relevant employment experience, achievements and interests (e.g. extracurricular activities, volunteer experience) (max. 2 MB file size).
Applications for the scholarship can be filled out on the TAC Foundation's scholarship page.
Your application is only complete once the application form AND at least one (1) submission of the academic reference form* have been received. Applicants may also submit employment reference form*.
*Please advise any references regarding the exact name used on your application form.
Please submit the application form BEFORE any of the reference forms.
- The TAC Foundation Scholarship Committee evaluates and scores all qualifying applications. The highest ranking applicants in the community college, undergraduate and graduate categories will be eligible for scholarships providing they meet specific donor conditions. Preference may be given to candidates with relevant work experience.
- Applicants will be advised of the outcome in July or August.
- Applicants should advise the TAC Foundation of any change of email address since submitting their application.
- All applicants agree, by submission of their application, to publication of personal data (such as name, educational institution, amount of award, focus of research and other related information) in TAC or TAC Foundation publications, including but not limited to TAC News, TAC's website, as well as announcements at TAC and Foundation events.
- For additional information or questions, contact email@example.com
|Sponsor:||Transportation Association of Canada|