Teaching Commons: General Copyright Session
Mar 12, 2014, 2pm-3pm
Copyright at York: Tools and Tips to Support Your Teaching Overview
This workshop will focus on how to identify and manage copyright issues that may arise when you are creating your course materials for classroom or online delivery. The workshop will be conducted by Patricia Lynch, York University’s copyright officer. This session will look at common questions such as:
- copyright nasics: what is protected by copyright and why it should matter to you;
- York’s Copyright Policies & Fair Dealing Guidelines for the use of copyright-protected works (including music, books, newspapers, videos, music, YouTube etc.);
- how to use York Libraries eResources and where to find "copyright-free" materials;
- what are the resources available to help you make good decisions when you use copyright-protected works; and
- who canyou talk to if you have any other questions?
Format: 30-minute presentation and 30-minute open Q&A session.
|Location:||1014 Technology Enhanced Learning Building|
|Posted by:||Teaching Commons|