- This event has passed.
The Intersection of Racial Inequality, a Global Pandemic & Climate Change
23 February 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Join us on February 23, 2021, for our Annual JOHN W. HOLMES MEMORIAL LECTURE.
About this Event
The lecture will be bilingual
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Celina Caesar-Chavannes is a business consultant, coach, and international speaker. She currently serves as the Sr. Advisor, EDI Initiatives and Adjunct Lecturer at Queen’s University and was the former Member of Parliament for Whitby, Parliamentary Secretary to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, and Parliamentary Secretary for International Development.
During her term as a Member of Parliament, Celina was awarded:
• Champion of Mental Health Parliamentarian Award by the Canadian Alliance on Mental Illness and Mental Health
• Ontario Black History Society, Daniel G. Hill Award for Community Services (2017)
• Black Parliamentarian of the Year
• Featured in the April 2018 edition of O (Oprah Winfrey) Magazine entitled, “What would you stand up for?”
• Named Chatelaine Magazine’s Woman of the Year (2019)
Before entering politics, Mrs. Caesar-Chavannes was a successful entrepreneur and recipient of both the:
• Toronto Board of Trade’s Business Entrepreneur of the Year
• Black Business and Professional Association’s Harry Jerome Young Entrepreneur Award.
She has a:
• Bachelor of Science from the University of Toronto,
• an MBA in Healthcare Management
• an Executive MBA from the Rotman School of Management
She can be followed on all social media platforms @iamcelinacc