The GRADitude program takes place every year to honour our graduating class. It takes this time to celebrate student achievements and provide graduating students with the opportunity to connect with inspiring alumni.
This year the reformatted GRADitude program features subjects led by alumni speakers to help new grads with next steps in their career journey. These sessions help to hone virtual networking skills, plan career steps, while bringing new grads’ authentic selves into their future.
Please see the GRADitude 2020 Fall Speaker Series lineup below. Watch the spring 2020 series here.
Nov. 10 | What Recruiters Look for in Young Alumni
Featuring recruitment specialists and hiring managers from a variety of industries, this special alumni panel will discuss ways new graduates can increase their chances of success when job hunting. You’ll learn:
- What companies and organizations look for in new talent
- Resume and interview tips, like how to interview well online
- How the COVID-19 pandemic has affected hiring practices
This session is sponsored by Manulife, the alumni preferred partner for life and health coverage. Register and attend for a chance to win one of four $50 eGift Cards.
Nov. 17 | Negotiating Early in Your Career
Join award-winning lawyer Tanya Walker (LLB ’05) and Associate Jordan Routliff (BFA’11, JD’18) as they demonstrate how utilizing good negotiation skills can get you a step closer to achieving success – and help you build better relationships. In this session, you’ll learn:
- How to apply negotiations to personal and professional transactions
- How negotiating can help you build stronger professional and personal relationships
- How to alter your negotiation approach during uncertain times
This session is sponsored by TD Insurance, the alumni preferred partner for car and home insurance. Register and attend for a chance to win one of four $50 eGift Cards.
Nov. 24 | Money Matters for New Grads
Take ownership of your finances and your future by joining this session led by Money Matters Founder, Basia Pozin (BBA ’17). In this session, Basia will help you learn basic money management that will help lay the foundation for later life success. In this session, you’ll learn:
- Tips related to budgeting and saving
- How to build good credit history
- An introduction to investing
This session is sponsored by MBNA Rewards® Platinum Plus® Mastercard®*. Register and attend for a chance to win one of four $50 eGift Cards.
Are you an upper year student leader who’d like to network at next year’s event?
Upper year under graduates can apply online to be part of next year’s event. Priority places will be given to students who meet the following criteria:
- An executive on a student club
- Part of student government or college council
- An orientation leader
- Varisty or intramural athlete
- A volunteer for a department, program or student club.
Questions? Contact email@example.com
This is your Impact
Use your experience, build your network and keep connected to help York students and alumni.