Join us for our GRADitude series this May! GRADitude features successful alumni discussing a range of different personal and professional development topics to support graduating students, new grads, and young alumni as they transition to their careers. Register for our sessions below.
Visit our main GRADitude page to see past sessions.
Speed networking: Meet the 2022 Top 30 Alumni Under 30
May 10, 2022 | 12pm ET | Zoom meeting
Alumni host: Mikhaela Gray (BA '14, MEd '18), Anti-trafficking advocate and 2021 York University Top 30 Alumni Under 30 recipient
Join this virtual speed networking session hosted by alumna Mikhaela Gray where you will have the chance to network with some of the 2022 Top 30 Alumni Under 30. Attendees will participate in networking sessions in Zoom breakout rooms hosted by the Top 30 alumni. This is a great opportunity to grow your network and gain some inspiration on ways you can drive positive change personally and professionally. This session is designed for alumni who graduated in the last 10 years. Alumni from all degrees and programs are welcome.
Featured 2022 Top 30 Alumni Under 30 include:
- Alamgir Khandwala (BAS ’17), Manager, Corporate Accounting and Financial Reporting at Moneris
- Banin Abdul Khaliq (BA ’16), Reintegration Worker, John Howard Society of York Region
- Bri Darboh (BA ’15, MA ’19), Neuropsychological Assistant & Psychometrist, Wings Neuro Rehab, Toronto; Autism Mentoring Program (AMP) Supervisor & Head of Research and Program Evaluation, York University
- Karissa Barbro (BA ’14), Supply Technician with the Canadian Armed Forces
- Myra Arshad (BBA ’18), co-founder and CEO of ALT TEX
- Osman Naqvi (MMgt ’17), Advisor, Investor Services at Invest in Canada
- Sayjon Ariyarathnam (BA ’16, JD ’20, MBA ’20), Banking and Finance Associate at Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP.
To learn more about the 2022 Top 30 Alumni Under 30, click here.
Investing: Where to start?
May 17, 2022 | 5pm ET | Zoom webinar
Alumni speaker: Fahad Rana (BA '17), Portfolio Analyst & Trader at Scotiabank
Alumni host: Alamgir Khandwala (BAS '17), Manager, Corporate Accounting and Financial Reporting at Moneris; 2022 Top 30 Alumni Under 30 recipient
Thinking about investing but not sure how to get started? Join this session with York U alumnus Fahad Rana (BA '17) who will cover a whole range of topics for beginners including how to invest and what vehicle to invest in (TFSA/RRSP, etc.), and insight on where to focus your money when starting out (stocks, index funds, ETFs, etc.) Registration is required in advance, and the audience will have an opportunity to ask questions.
A special thank you to our preferred partners:
Having a York University degree is a very positive thing in the eyes of these financial services providers. Tens of thousands of alumni like you have already unlocked preferred rates, special insurance coverage and bonus points – simply because they graduated from York.