MARCH 13, 2020
The President announced today that beginning on Monday, March 16, 2020, all face-to-face instruction will be suspended, and courses will move to online formats. For students living in residence we would like to share the following:
- Residences remain open and operational.
- Students wishing to go home, and study remotely can do so.
- Students who may not be able to go home or choose to stay can remain as courses continue online.
- Essential food services remain in operation with a focus on operations at Glendon, Stong and Winters dining halls.
- For international students who may not be able to travel home following the term, information will soon be provided regarding housing options.
- Students who move out by March 31 will receive a prorated refund of their residence and meal plan fees for the month of April. Details will be posted on the Housing & Conference Services website.
York continues to support members of the community as we face this pandemic together. Please feel free to reach out to us or other campus resources for support. Housing Services and Residence Life are working with the University’s Emergency Management Team and Toronto Public Health as we respond to this evolving global situation. We also continue to increase cleaning in high traffic areas and additional hand sanitizing stations have been installed in public spaces.
We will provide you further updates and appreciate your patience. Stay informed by visiting York’s dedicated COVID-19 website including answers to frequently asked questions. You may email additional questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take care of yourselves and each other,
Residence Life and Housing Services