The purpose of this email is to address the implications of exam cancellation on Course Completion Plans.
The University has announced the cancellation of all in-person exams in the normal exam period of April 7 to 25, 2020 and students have been informed that they may leave residence/campus.
Senate executive has confirmed:
- You will be able to complete all course requirements without further in-person instruction or in-person evaluation.
- The term has not been extended or reduced.
- Your instructors have flexibility to change the number, type, and weight of assignments as well as to revise the course grading scheme and to eliminate a final assignment or exam.
- There are exceptions to this for Osgoode Hall Law School students and you will receive information from your course instructor.
Your instructors will be as flexible as possible as they transition courses from in-person formats, while upholding academic integrity, and providing options for course completion that are fair to students.
- Your instructors will communicate with you no later than Friday, March 20, 2020 to indicate how they will make course materials available and complete course activities.
- Your instructors will communicate with you no later than Friday, March 27, 2020 about any adjustments to evaluation and grading schemes.
Senate Executive has also approved:
- An extended deadline to Withdraw from a Course Without Receiving a Grade for F/W 2019-2020 and W 2020 courses to May 9, 2020; and
- An extended deadline for the Pass/Fail grading option to May 9, 2020.
Please visit the Coronavirus Information & Update website for more information.
Provost & Vice-President Academic