On March 25, 2020, York University decided the Summer 2020 terms will be delivered exclusively by online/remote learning formats. The revised Summer 2020 course offerings have now been finalized and the complete list is available on the York Courses Website.
If you have already enrolled in Summer 2020 courses, please review your enrolment status, as there may be courses that you now want to add or change based on your schedule.
Here are some things to note when you are searching for and enrolling in Summer 2020 courses:
- All Summer 2020 courses will be offered through online/remote delivery only.
- If classes list times, these refer to set instructor-led virtual classes. Courses with no instructor-led virtual class components will not have any times associated with them.
- Once you have enrolled in a course, you are encouraged to check your course Moodle site or contact the course instructor to learn more about how your course will be delivered.
- Please refer to the Summer 2020 Important Dates for registration and add/drop deadlines and important financial dates.
There are many resources available to help with your online summer courses:
- If you don’t have a computer at home that you can use for your online courses, you can borrow a laptop from York’s IT Helpdesk. To register for a laptop go to https://computing.yorku.ca/offcampus and follow the process under “If you don’t have a computer at home.”
- Visit Campus Resources for a network of support for graduate students and Student Services for information about health services and human resources.
- Visit the Teaching Commons for support with your teaching work at all levels.
- York’s Learning Skills Services has a number of online learning resources and tips.
- Student Accessibility Services and is available virtually to support your academic accommodation needs.
- GradConnect Wellness Services can support your mental health and well-being as you pursue your academic goals.
Note to international students: To study in Canada, you must have a valid study permit. For more information about study permit requirements and other topics, check our International Student FAQs. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about immigration or any other international student matters.
Thank you for your patience as we confirm the Summer 2020 schedule; I wish you great success in your summer courses.
Darran A. Fernandez