As part of our ongoing mission to educate and support the York community during the COVID-19 pandemic, we invite you to join us on Tuesday, October 27, 2020 from 4 to 5:30 p.m. for an interactive online student information session.
Organized in partnership with Toronto Public Health’s Rapid Response Team, this session will deliver the most current evidence-based guidance on topics such as:
- The nature of COVID-19: what it is, what it does and how it spreads.
- How to best protect yourself and others from infection.
- How to choose and effectively use masks and face coverings.
- Making healthy choices about self-isolation and interacting with others.
- Sources of government, community and health supports.
- Where to find reliable news and health advice.
After the one-hour presentation there will be 30 minutes for questions in a town-hall format.
How to Join on the Day
The session will be hosted on the Zoom platform. You do not need to pre-register for the session unless you want to submit a question in advance of the session.
There are several ways to join the session:
- Join the Zoom session directly.
- Join by phone:For highest call quality use the area code closest to your current location. Toll charges may apply.If dialing from Canada:
+1 647 374 4685
+1 647 558 0588
+1 438 809 7799
+1 778 907 2071
+1 587 328 1099
If dialing from outside Canada: please visit the Zoom at York U website for international numbers.
Once the call is connected, key in this webinar ID: 910 8167 9194
Then key in this passcode: 742065
- Watch the live stream of the event.
How to Submit Questions in Advance
We invite members of the York community to submit questions in advance. The presenter will address as many of these as possible in the time available on October 27.
Accessibility and How to Submit Accommodation Requests
The Zoom session and live stream formats will be closed captioned.
If you will need any accommodation to make the Zoom meeting more accessible to you, please submit an Accessibility Requirements form to make those needs known to the meeting hosts.
Can’t attend the session live? That’s not a problem! The event will be archived for later viewing.
We hope to see you on October 27!