I hope you are having a successful Fall term. Winter break is approaching. I want to take this opportunity to provide you with some information about completing the fall term and starting the winter term.
December 2020 exams
The December 2020 exam schedule for December 9-23 is now posted. When you check your exam schedule take note of the special examination information that is posted for some courses. As you prepare for your exams, there are some resources that you may find helpful.
- The Online Learning Protocol for York University Students includes resources for online tests and exams.
- The Student Guide to Remote Learning has a section devoted to online exams.
- The YU Blog has a post, Five Productivity Apps to Stay on Track as well as one about how to Stay Healthy This Exam Season.
Winter course enrolment
If you have not yet completed your winter course enrolment, I encourage you to do so as soon as possible, as courses are filling up. The York Courses website shows you all course offerings for Winter 2021. Winter term courses will be offered, for the most part, through online/remote delivery, but, in accordance with guidance from our public health authorities, we have been able to increase the number of in-person smaller classes, tutorials and experiential activities such as studio and labs, and re-establish access to our research facilities. You can see a list of in-person courses on the Fall/Winter 2020-2021 In-Person Courses web page.
York University is now a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) with an approved quarantine readiness plan. That means that as of October 20, 2020 international students with a valid study permit or a full study permit approval are exempt from travel restrictions and can travel to Canada to study at York. York has quarantine accommodations available for students arriving in Canada from international locations. If you will be arriving in Canada and looking to quarantine in our designated York location between December 24, 2020 and January 9, 2021, you must make your request by December 1, 2020. More information about arriving in Canada and quarantine requirements are available on the York International website.
We’re here to help
In addition to the online resources mentioned above, we are here to support your health and wellness.
- Learning Skills Services and Student Community & Leadership Development have a variety of online learning strategies and tips, as well as health and wellness resources.
- Student Counselling & Development is available for single-session or emergency support at 416-736-5297. A list of additional virtual counselling, crises and support services is available on their website.
- Reach out to Student Community Relations at email@example.com or visit oscr.students.yorku.ca if you need referrals and support, both internal and external to York, help with complex issues or assistance with personal issues related to the pandemic.
I wish you great success in the rest of your Fall term and look forward to welcoming you back for the Winter term.