As part of our efforts to keep our campuses safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, all faculty, staff, instructors, students and researchers who are planning on visiting York at this time must use the campus access system. The system allows anyone with a Passport York account to book the date(s) that they expect to be on campus in advance, requiring one week for requests to be approved.
Once your dates have been approved and you have received your confirmation email, you will be asked to complete a daily screening checklist before coming to York. If your area is already keeping a manual log of screening for staff, you should continue to follow this process.
Tips for Completing the Campus Access Form & Daily Screening
- Have your Passport York login information handy to access the form.
- As soon as you log in to the campus access system, you will see two tabs:
- The Access Request Form, which is the tab to use to submit new campus access requests, and
- The COVID-19 Screening Checklist Pre-campus Attendance tab, which is used for completing daily screening before coming on campus.
- Complete the campus access questions first and submit your request. For the dates that you have been approved to be on campus, you will receive a daily email requiring you to complete the screening checklist.
- After reviewing each question, if you have answered “no” in each case, you will need to confirm your response by checking the “confirm” button at the bottom of the email in order to complete the process. The system will then provide you with a response to attend campus.
- Where someone has answered “yes” to any of the screening questions, they will be asked not to come onto our campuses and see What You Need to Know on the YU Better Together website.
- This process must be repeated each time before you attend campus and a reminder email will be sent to you through the system to complete your screening questions.
Faculty, staff, instructors and researchers who have been approved for ongoing access will only need to submit the Campus Access Request Form once. All other access requests must be submitted for each time you require access to campus. This is necessary to manage campus density and ensure that those who need campus access are prioritized, as we comply with requirements from the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development to support screening and manage this process.
Thank you for your cooperation and commitment to protecting the health and safety of the York community at this time. For regular updates on the University’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, please continue to visit YU Better Together.
Special Advisor to the President for Academic Continuity Planning & COVID-19 Response