It’s a great time to say yes to York!
In a recent community update, our President shared the good news that we are actively planning to increase on-campus learning opportunities this Fall. Our plans are focused on gradually bringing small classes and co-curricular opportunities back onto our campuses as much as possible, while also prioritizing health and safety for all students. High-quality remote learning will also continue.
Whether you will be joining us on campus in Toronto or from your home abroad, we have a wide variety of international student supports to help you plan your next steps with York.
- We can confirm that international tuition fees will not increase for Fall 2021. Additional details will follow shortly.
Study Permit Updates & Financial Support
- Reminder: Although you don’t need a study permit to begin your studies from outside of Canada, you should apply for your study permit. You can begin your classes online from outside of Canada even if your study permit, temporary resident visa (TRV) or electronic travel authorization (eTA) has not yet been processed.
- York is providing financial and immigration advising support to new international students who receive a study permit refusal for the Fall 2021 semester. Learn more here.
- For questions about study permits or other immigration matters, book an appointment with an International Student Advisor or email York International at email@example.com.
Guaranteed On-Campus Residence
- We are happy to confirm that we will guarantee on-campus residence to all first-year international students admitted for Fall 2021 who apply for residence by the May 1, 2021 deadline. With the safety of our community members as our first priority, we continue to limit residence capacity and keep all rooms at single occupancy.
- Create lasting friendships and benefit from a dedicated Residence Life support team.
- York University has a comprehensive quarantine program for international students. If you are joining us on campus in Canada this Fall, we are here to support you with accommodations at federally approved hotels, meal plans and wellness checks during your arrival period. For more information, review York’s Quarantine for International Travellers.
York University will work with you to help you get settled in your courses and find the right supports for you in our community this Fall. We can’t wait to welcome you to York!
Watch for more updates from us in the weeks ahead as you prepare to begin your classes at York.
Be well and stay tuned!