The post-secondary sector has received revised Ministry of Colleges & Universities (MCU) guidance for the fall and we expect to provide more detailed information about York’s vaccination policy and procedures later this week.
In light of the revised MCU guidance, and to provide additional time for community members to submit proof of vaccination or get vaccinated through one of our upcoming clinics, please find below updates to return to campus dates for the first two weeks of the school year:
CHANGES TO COURSE DELIVERY
- Courses beginning Tuesday, September 7, Wednesday, September 8, Thursday, September 9, Friday, September 10 or Saturday, September 11 will be delivered online or remotely for those days only.
- For courses scheduled with an in-person meeting between September 8-12, instructors are asked to communicate directly with students to indicate how classes will be delivered remotely on those days.
- Where exceptions are approved (for example Osgoode Hall Law School), instructors will be in touch directly with students.
- On-campus instruction will resume on Monday, September 13 for all courses except those already designated for online delivery in the Fall Term.
- Events planned for the period between September 7 and 12 will continue in alignment with current physical distancing and masking requirements.
- Researchers and students who have already been approved to access our campuses can continue their work during this time.
The University will require proof of vaccination through YU Screen for all who will be attending our campuses this fall. For previously sent information about proof of vaccination requirement, review last week’s email.
These are challenging times for all of us. If you need mental health & wellness support or guidance, please reach out to Student Counselling Health & Wellbeing. If you’re a student at Glendon, please call 416-736-5297 or email email@example.com for information.
If you have questions or concerns about COVID-19, please reach out to the Office of Student Community Relations (OSCR).
International students with questions about immigration, study permits, work permits or the latest information about COVID-19 and York University, should get in touch with York International.
I appreciate the patience and goodwill on the part of all community members as we continue to work together to ensure a safe return to our campuses this fall.
Please know that the well-being of our community is our top priority. I look forward to sharing more details with you later this week and to seeing you on our campuses this fall.
Thank you again for doing your part to ensure a safe return to our campuses this fall.
President & Vice-Chancellor