The University’s vaccine mandate is integral to our ongoing commitment to health and safety. As a reminder, you are required to be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada-approved vaccine no later than October 18 (for example, this means a second dose of a two-dose vaccine by October 5) in order to continue accessing York’s campuses from October 19 onward, including for the Winter Term.
If you have not received a Health Canada-approved vaccine, please see this update for next steps.
- September 28 to 30: Vaccine clinics continue to run at the Aviva Centre on Keele campus. You do not need an appointment and will be required to show one piece of identification.
- October 5: All students who are accessing York’s campuses will be required to disclose their vaccination status through YU Screen.
- October 18: All students have until October 18 to be fully vaccinated (for example, this means a second dose of a two-dose vaccine by October 5 plus two weeks for the body to build an immunological response).
- Until October 18, if you are unvaccinated, partially vaccinated or seeking an exemption, you must participate in York’s testing program; FAQs available here.
- October 19: All students must be fully vaccinated or have an approved exemption in order to access campuses for the Fall and Winter Terms.
- Those with an approved exemption will continue to participate in York’s COVID-19 Testing Program; FAQs available here.
York University is serious about making sure all our community members are safe and healthy. We have provided options for those who will be unvaccinated or partially vaccinated October 19 onward, including for Winter 2022 – see the communication of September 3, 2021. Options include enrolling in online courses or deferring enrolment/registration until Winter 2022 to provide enough time to get vaccinated or receive an exemption. Students who are not fully vaccinated or have an approved exemption by October 19 will be subject to the Code of Student Rights & Responsibilities.
We appreciate your commitment to keeping our campuses safe this fall. For the latest updates relating to health and safety with respect to the pandemic, please continue to visit the Better Together site.
Special Advisor to the President for Academic Continuity Planning & COVID-19 Response